Migrating WSO2 API Manager 1.4.0 to 1.5.0
WSO2 API Manager latest version 1.5.0 got released recently. This post provides instructions on how to migrate your data from API Manager 1.4.0 to 1.5.0. If you had already used API Manager 1.4.0 and need to migrate your data to the latest version you can follow this.
You can download WSO2 API Manager 1.5.0 from here.
You can download the latest migration scripts from https://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/carbon/platform/branches/turing/products/apimgt/1.6.0/modules/distribution/resources/migration-1.4.0_to_1.5.0/
Checkout the migration kit by executing below command.
%> svn co https://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/carbon/platform/branches/turing/products/apimgt/1.6.0/modules/distribution/resources/migration-1.4.0_to_1.5.0/
1. Shutdown APIM 1.4.0 if it is running.
2. Backup your WSO2 Carbon Database(User Store and Registry) and API Manager Databases of your APIM 1.4.0 instance.
3. Execute relevant sql script in 'migration-1.4.0_to_1.5.0/userstore_db' directory against your WSO2 Carbon Database. This will migrate tables and data in your jdbc user store.
4. Execute relevant sql script in 'migration-1.4.0_to_1.5.0/apimgt_db' directory against your API Manager Database.
5. Now point same WSO2 Carbon Database(User Store and Registry) and API Manager Databases of your AM 1.4.0 instance to AM 1.5.0.
(Configure AM_1.5.0/repository/datasource/master-datasources.xml to point same databases configured in AM 1.4.0)
6. Open AM_1.5.0/repository/conf/user-mgt.xml and add the property to existing 'AuthorizationManager' configuration.
/permission true true
7. Move all your synapse configurations to APIM_1.5.0. For that, copy and replace APIM_1.4.0/repository/deployment/server/synapse-config/default directory to APIM_1.5.0/repository/deployment/server/synapse-config/default
8. Start APIM 1.5.0